For Patients Seeking Reimbursement from an Insurance Company
It is up to the patient to seek reimbursement from their insurance company. Every company has different policies and paperwork. We advise you to make contact with your insurer before submitting a sample for testing.
When Calling an Insurance Company
- The name, address and telephone number of the clinician recommending testing
- The name of the genetic test being recommended
- CPT Codes for the recommended test
You should ask:
- Will I need pre-authorization?
- Will I need a Letter of Medical Necessity?
- What is the reimbursement process?
- What will I need to submit for reimbursement?
- What forms are required? Where can I find those forms?
- Where do I submit any paperwork?