From genetic data to clinical action
GeneInsight Suite® is an information technology (IT) platform developed by Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine to address some of the most critical challenges that prevent the clinical adoption of personalized medicine. The GeneInsight Suite offers an innovative solution:
- Streamlines the clinical testing process;
- Manages the vast amounts of data generated in genetic testing;
- Facilitates the clinical interpretation process; and
- Channels this information efficiently and effectively to clinicians to impact patient care.
An innovative solution for better patient care
The suite of GeneInsight applications includes:
- GeneInsight Lab® , enabling laboratories to manage genetic variant knowledge and assists in the generation of clinical reports.
- GeneInsight Clinic® , enabling clinicians to receive genetic test results for their patients, as well as patient-specific genetic variant updates as soon as new information emerges.
- GeneInsight Network® , a networking infrastructure designed to enable high throughput transfer of genetic data between and among laboratories and clinicians to improve patient care.
GeneInsight® is registered as a class I exempt medical device with the FDA and has been in continuous clinical use since 2005. By integrating with our Gateway for Integration of Genomic-Proteomic Applications and Data (GIGPAD) platform and bioinformatics pipeline infrastructure, GeneInsight provides an end-to-end solution for a molecular diagnostic testing laboratory.
GeneInsight was developed through close collaboration between laboratory technicians, laboratory managers, geneticists, IT developers, and practicing physicians to address the distinct yet interrelated needs of laboratories and providers.
Find out more about GeneInsight.
2013 Editors’ Choice Award
Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine and GeneInsight earn the 2013 Editors’ Choice Award for Technology Innovation in the Life Sciences.Learn more