Laboratory for Molecular Medicine Tests
Providing breadth and depth.
The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine (LMM) currently offers more than 100 genetic tests, covering a wide range of complex and single gene disorders. We are focused on providing the most comprehensive service for our clients by offering a large portfolio of tests. As collaborators, we offer great depth of clinical knowledge to guide test selection and interpretation.
We continually strive to translate genetic discoveries into clinical testing and improve the quality of genetic testing.
New tests and services
- Incorporate the power of genome or exome sequencing with rigorous clinical interpretation of sequence information
Recommended for patients with a suspected genetic disorder in which traditional genetic testing has not yielded a result, or is unlikely to yield a result, despite a suspected genetic etiology
Comprehensive panel of 43 genes that are associated with a variety of myopathy phenotypes
Depending on the patient's clinical diagnosis, disease specific sub-panels can be ordered, including muscular dystrophy (LGMD/EDMD), congenital, nemaline, myotubular/centronuclear and myofibrillar myopathy
A comprehenisve panel of 14 genes associated with disorders that are genetically heterogeneous, and share overlapping genotypes and phenotypes.
This panel has been updated to include 14 genes, including NF1 and RIT1, creating the most comprehensive test to help confirm a diagnosis in these genetically and phenotypically overlapping syndromes
Expanded tests and services
- OtoGenome Test™ for hearing loss and related syndromes
- Now comprehensive panel of 87 genes known to cause nonsyndromic hearing loss, as well as syndromes that can present as nonsyndromic such as Usher, Pendred, Jervell and Lange-Nielsen (JLNS), and Branchio-Oto-Renal syndrome (BOR)
- Usher Syndrome Panel has been updated to 11 genes, and we have now added a Waardenburg Syndrome Panel.
- Pan Cardiomyopathy Panel
- Now being offered with 62 genes associated with cardiomyopathy. Disease specific sub-panels for HCM and DCM/Arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy have expanded as well.
- PulmoGene Panel for inherited pulmonary disorders
- Expanded to a comprehensive panel of 64 genes that are associated with a variety of pulmonary phenotypes
- Copy Number Variant (CNV) Analysis
- All next-generation sequencing gene panels have now been updated to include CNV analysis at no additional charge
Pricing and CPT coding
View test prices, turn-around times, and CPT codes for our Next-Generation panels, testing panels, single gene tests, and familial variant testing.Learn More
Clinical adoption in real-time
With GeneInsight Clinic®, clinicians receive real-time, patient-specific genetic variant updates when new information emerges that leads the LMM to reclassify variants previously identified in their patients.Learn More