Order Prenatal Testing
The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine offers prenatal testing for most of the clinical testing that we offer.
All samples must be accompanied with a completed requisition form. Please make sure any identifiers used are the specimen is provided on the paperwork. Consent page should be signed by a health care provider. Any incomplete or missing paperwork may delay the start of testing.
Identifier kit from Life Technologies
- Expanded RASopathy Panel; 2-4 weeks
- Familial Known Variant testing; 2 weeks
- Other testing; coincides with TAT of genetic test. Please contact the lab for more detailed information.
- Cultured: at least two T25 flask* (Preferred)
- Direct: at least one 10–15cc (Not for full panel or gene testing)
*A back-up culture should be maintained at an outside facility on both cultured and direct prenatal samples.
Maternal sample needed, paternal sample requested
- 7ml of whole blood (3–5ml for an infant) in a lavender top tube (K2EDTA or K3EDTA)
- 10 ug of DNA at a minimum concentration of 25 ng/ul (please provide DNA concentration)
The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine offers several billing options for our clients and their patients; however, we do not bill insurance companies and are unable to begin testing without accurate billing information.
Please add an additional charge of $950 to the cost of the test to cover duplicate analysis, MCC studies, internal control tests, rush processing, and postnatal confirmation of variants identified.
For questions, please contact us at 617-768-8500 or by email.