Laboratory for Molecular Medicine
Enabling clinical adoption of personalized genetic medicine
The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine (LMM) is a CLIA-certified molecular diagnostic laboratory, operated by Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine. The LMM is led by a group of Harvard Medical School-affiliated faculty, geneticists, clinicians, and researchers from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners' founding members. Our mission is to bridge the gap between research and clinical medicine by remaining focused on the following:
- Leading the implementation of advanced technologies and practices into molecular diagnostic testing;
- Accelerating the adoption of new molecular tests into clinical care;
- Incorporating information technology (IT) support into the day-to-day operations of the clinical laboratory; and
Advancing clinical care with our participation in innovative programs, aiming to keep physicians current on and knowledgeable of genetic information relevant to their patients.
Through this work, the LMM is taking the promise of personalized medicine from the lab and into the clinic. Each year, we provide services to more than 4,000 patients and their physicians through over 100 targeted genetic tests, whole gene sequencing, and now, whole exome sequencing. From detecting presymptomatic heart conditions such as cardiomyopathy (Pan Cardiomyopathy Panel), to tests for genetic-based hearing loss in children (OtoGenomeTM), and diagnosing lung conditions (PulmoGene Panel), we are working with researchers and physicians to make a difference in the lives of patients.
Comprehensive testing services
We offer comprehensive testing services to support clinical research and clinical practice. Working with LMM, you and your team will have access to:
- A wide range of tests, including single gene, multiple gene panel, whole genome sequencing, and now whole exome sequencing
- Prominent clinical molecular geneticists, researchers, physicians and genetic counselors within the Harvard Medical School and the Partners HealthCare system;
- GeneInsight Suite®, an advanced system that streamlines the interpretation and management of genetic data and knowledge. The system is capable of generating real time alerts to clinicians when the LMM changes classification of variants previously identified in one or more of their patients; and
- Comprehensive, accurate, evidence-based, personalized reports that are clinically meaningful.
We're here to help
We’ll assist you through every step of the process of genetic testing from ordering through reporting and result interpretation. The LMM’s test menu offers an array of clinically relevant and studied gene panels developed on the most advanced technology platforms. Our team of experts will help you determine the best testing strategy for your clinical case, guiding you in choosing the most appropriate panel testing for your needs. Results are thoroughly reviewed and translated in a streamlined manner specific to your patient’s phenotype and genotype and are explained to you and, if need be, to your patient.
Genome Sequencing now available
This test incorporates the power of genome sequencing with rigorous clinical interpretation of sequence information.Learn More
Clinical adoption in real-time
With GeneInsight Clinic®, clinicians receive real-time, patient-specific genetic variant updates when new information emerges that leads the LMM to reclassify variants previously identified in their patients.Learn More
Meet our experts
Our reputation for quality is a direct reflection of the quality of our people. Learn more about the experts to help you with your needs.Meet our team
Pricing and CPT coding
View test prices, turn-around times, and CPT codes for our Next-Generation panels, testing panels, single gene tests, and familial variant testing.Learn More