The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine (LMM) is a CLIA-certified clinical diagnostic laboratory through Massachusetts General Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Teaching Hospital, operating within the Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine. The LMM offers more than 100 genetic tests, covering a wide range of complex and single gene disorders, as well as whole genome sequencing.
We are focused on providing the most comprehensive service for our clients by offering a large portfolio of tests. We also include Copy Number Variation (CNV) service as part of all targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) gene panels at no additional cost.
How to Order
As collaborators, we offer great depth of clinical knowledge to guide you through test selection and interpretation. The ordering process is as follows:
- Complete a requisition and consent form for the test being ordered (see requisition forms under disease-specific pages).
- Collect a blood or saliva sample to run the test (see sample requirements).
- Make payment for the test (see methods of payment).
- Send the completed forms and sample to the LMM (see shipping).
- Once testing is completed, the health care provider receives a report and discusses the test results with our licensed genetic counselors.
Please note that only health care providers (i.e., geneticist, cardiologist, genetic counselor) can order a genetic test. A patient cannot order a genetic test for him/herself.
Expert Clinical Interpretation
At LMM, we offer unparalleled clinical interpretation of genomic data. Our capabilities are built on an in-house bioinformatics team for data analysis and management, as well as licensed genetic counselors for expert interpretation of these data. The LMM maintains a close relationship with the GeneInsight team of experts in support of genetic knowledge management and report generation.
Meet our experts
Our reputation for quality is a direct reflection of the quality of our people. Learn more about the experts to help you with your needs.Meet our team
Pricing and CPT coding
View test prices, turn-around times, and CPT codes for our Next-Generation panels, testing panels, single gene tests, and familial variant testing.Learn More