In the News
- June 2015: The 10th Annual William K. Bowes, Jr. Award in Medical Genetics is awarded to Brian Skotko, MD, MPP for his work with Down Syndrome.
- December 2014: The Boston Globe delves into the Partners Biobank in a business article entitled, "Partners to collect blood samples for researchers' medical studies."
- October 2014: Partners Biobank highlighted for its efforts to lead translational research discoveries into real-world applications. Read more about the Partners Biobank and Dr. Slaugenhaupt in The Boston Business Journal.
- July 2014: WCVBTV's Better Living with Liz Walker featured a story on how genome sequencing is helping a family to better understand hearing loss.
- June 2014: Partners HealthCare maps out pathways to healthier future. Read The Boston Globe - Game Changers article that highlights the Laboratory for Molecular Medicine's Heidi Rehm.
- February 2014: Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine offers whole genome sequencing, a new method of comprehensive genetic testing. Read The Boston Herald article that features the LMM's Heidi Rehm.
- December 2013: Partners HealthCare is one of the first health care systems in the nation to offer whole genome sequencing to patients everywhere. Read the Modern Healthcare article [free login required].
- August 2013: The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine offers Clinical Genome Sequencing Service. Check out the Boston Globe article, WBUR's CommonHealth blog post, and Modern Healthcare article (subscription required).
- April 2013: Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine and GeneInsight earn the 2013 Editors’ Choice Award for Technology Innovation in the Life Sciences. Read the BioIT World announcement.
- November 2012: PCPGM was part of Boston Children’s Hospital’s 2012 CLARITY Challenge award winning team for best practices in genome analysis, interpretation, and reporting. Read the blog post from Nature Medicine.
- May 2011: Dr. Robert Green speaks with NPR about new consumer genetic tests that claim to assess an athlete's performance potential.
- April 2011: Genetic sequencing may save a boy's life in this NPR story, featuring Dr. Howard Jacob.
- June 2014: The 9th Annual William K. Bowes, Jr. Award in Medical Genetics is given to Hans T. Bjornssen, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Read more about Dr. Bjornssen here.
- March 27, 2014: GeneInsight promotes information sharing to advance personalized medicine. VariantWire to improve collaboration and data sharing. Read the press statement.
- Sept. 26, 2013: Partners HealthCare launches service to offer patients clinical whole genome sequencing and interpretation, offers doctors and patients improved diagnosis and better treatment. Read the press statement.
- We have enhanced our advanced sequencing services with an Illumina HiSeq2000 and Illumina iScan technologies.
- The LMM has launched the following expanded genetic tests:
- OtoGenome Test™ for Hearing Loss (70 Genes)
- Noonan Spectrum Panel now 12 Genes
- PanCardiomyopathy Panel now 51 Genes
- Sequencing interpretation success
- As of May 14th, all PCPGM Next Generation Sequencing Projects will be managed through the GIGPAD LIMS. Please see more information and a help document. Please contact Alison Brown with any questions.
- Customers looking for Sequenom Genotyping are advised to contact Dr. Hardeep Ranu to discuss the use of the OpenArray SNP Genotyping platform as an alternative.
In the News
Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine featured in The Boston GlobeRead more